Call for Submissions: International Girl Gang Underground
March 16, 2010 — by e. chris lynch
Deadline: May 31st, 2010
queer folks today.
We want your submissions! Talking points include, but are not limited to:
- What would a modern-day "Riot Grrrl manifesta" look like?
- The successes and failures of Riot Grrrl and what we've learned from them
- Your experience as an immigrant grrrl, genderf**king boy, revolutionary pornographer, Muslimah punk, working class queer, etc
- What was your experience as a Riot Grrrl in the '90s?
- What's going on in your community that supports feminist & queer DIY musicians today?
- Scene reports from regional DIY music scenes that traditionally are lady- and queer-friendly (London, Berlin, NYC, or your town)
- Individuals who are making a difference--musicians, activists, writers, whomever!
- "Where are they now?" (Riot Grrrl edition)
- "Get off the Internet and meet in the street"
- Reclaim feminism for the 4th wave
- Organize conferences, protests, benefits, etc
- Combat the "dude-first" mentality of your music scene
- Use new technologies to organize effectively
- Start a band/go on tour/create a zine/etc
- Create spaces for working class, POC, international and rural women and queers
BAND/ZINE/COLLECTIVE/ACTIVIST GROUP INFO...
- We're creating a directory for the International Girl Gang Underground--send along info on your project to be included!
- Print, digital, audio, video, whatever--so long as it's in an easily rendered format for a black & white zine or can be included on an accompanying CD-R for distribution, we want it!
Stacy K. & KW
International Girl Gang Underground Zine
You must login to comment.