Microcosm is hiring again!
This position is now closed. We’ll post future job opportunities to this blog.
Full time position at 2752 N Williams Ave, Portland, OR. This is a warehouse and fulfillment position, helping people get their books and be happy. We practice mask-wearing and are set up for social distancing. Position closes March 31, 2021
We need someone who can:
• Lift at least 50 pounds
• Demonstrate an exquisite attention to detail (we aim for 99.99% error free shipments)
• Work unsupervised
• Believes 99% in what we do but is confident to identify flaws in the system, ask questions, and bring up their own ideas about how things could be better
• Listen and find solutions that work for everyone involved
• Be very comfortable with alphabetizing and similar data sorting
• Show up prepared and work hard for their whole shift
• Locate books and pull and pack orders four to five days per week (90% or more of their time)
• Work 40 hours per week on site
• Start in the first week of April and commit to at least two years
• All company profits are distributed to staff in the form of raises and bonuses—we aim for (and have been exceeding) 20% annual raises
• Health insurance after trial period
• Employee ownership program after five years
• Options for paid vacation and professional development training programs
• Some flexibility in work hours
• Own voices focus to empower readers to change their lives and the world around them
• Access to owners, management, and other staff for clarification, direction, priorities, continued education, and guidance
No experience needed. Entry level position. Equal opportunity employer. Preference given to former interns and diverse hires. Starts at $14/hour with 90 day trial then $15/hour.
Apply by March 31, 2021 by completing this application and submitting it to apply at microcosmpublishing.com with the subject line “warehouse application”; no resume or cover letter necessary unless you believe that additional details would be helpful.