$20 Superpack: Protect Trans Kids (and Adults)
For all the positive cultural growth around gender identity and expression in recent years, there have also been some serious setbacks as U.S. states enact laws that target and criminalize transgender youth. We can counteract these abuses, but we need to educate ourselves. This selection of zines by trans folks are chosen for their practical and powerful ideas and guidance. If you're trans or nonbinary and trying to figure out how to fight back, or a cis ally seeking to understand and help, these resources will help point the way, and give you lots to think about.
- Next-Level Ally: How to Support Your Queer and Transgender Friends is Eli Sachse's introduction to being supportive to your trans friends and relatives when you're not sure how
- You're Wrong: Trans Polemics is C. Bain's open letter to the world, masterfully breaking down much anti-trans rhetoric and sentiment
- Gendrfailz #1: The First Appointment is Alix Kemp's classic personal zine about medical and bureaucratic aspects of transition
- Top: A Comic About Gender Surgery is Rainer Bloodgood's comprehensive account in comics form
- A "Defend Trans Kids" sticker to express your intent to the world
You must log in to comment.