(Spoiler: The first draft is always bad. We just happen to be privileged to see a whole lot of them.)
Take responsibility for your own behavior, actions, and relationships with this in-depth workbook from Dr. Faith Harper and Joe Biel. Can be used on its own or along with the book How to Be Accountable. Figure out your own history, your values, your needs, wants, and emotions. Examine your shadow side and your unwanted habits. And then get down into the brass tacks of making the changes you know you need to in order to live the life you want.
Full time position in Cleveland, OH. This is a warehouse and fulfillment position, helping people get their books and be happy. We practice mask-wearing and are set up for social distancing. You can get a sneak peek at the humble work place here. Position closes July 24th, 2021.
We need someone who can:
• Lift at least 50 pounds
• Demonstrate an exquisite attention to detail (we aim for 99.99% error free shipments)
• Work independently
• Believe 99% in what we do but is confident to identify flaws in the system, ask questions, and bring up their own ideas about how things could be better
• Listen and find solutions that work for everyone involved
• Be very comfortable with alphabetizing and similar data sorting
• Show up prepared and work hard for their whole shift
• Locate books and pull and pack orders four to five days per week (90% or more of their time)
• Work 40 hours per week on site
• Start as soon as reasonable and commit to at least two years
• All company profits are distributed to staff in the form of raises and bonuses—we aim for (and have been exceeding) 20% annual raises
• Health insurance after trial period
• Employee ownership program after five years
• Options for paid vacation and professional development training programs
• Some flexibility in work hours
• Help empower readers to change their lives and the world around them
• Access to owners, management, and other staff for clarification, direction, priorities, continued education, and guidance
No experience needed. Entry level position. Equal opportunity employer. Preference given to former interns and diverse hires. Starts at $14/hour with 90 day trial then $15/hour.
Apply by July 24, 2021 by completing this application and submitting it to apply at microcosmpublishing.com with the subject line “Cleveland warehouse application”; no resume or cover letter necessary unless you believe that additional details would be helpful.
Managing your personal finances doesn’t have to be terrifying and drenched in guilt. Anna Jo Beck breaks it all down in this money guide for people who hate money. Spending, saving, getting a handle on debt, and the basics of investing are all made super easy to understand. You’ve got this!
Trying to write but struggling to get the words on the page, mired in imposter syndrome, or just not sure where you’re going with it? Prolific, bestselling authors Dr. Faith Harper and Joe Biel have teamed up to bring you this book that’s especially focused on long-form nonfiction, but is useful for any writers who find themselves lacking focus or wanting more structure and direction.
On today’s episode of A People’s Guide to Publishing podcast, Joe and Elly look at the Audio Publishers Association report on 2020 audiobook sales and listening habits. How many of us are switching to audio? Who is making the switch? What are we listening to? And how? And what does this mean for print and ebooks? Listen or watch for hot takes on all this and more.