Microcosm is hiring a full-time (40 hours/week) marketing and warehouse assistant at 2752 N Williams Ave, Portland, OR. This is a hybrid position: half physical labor tasks and half computer-related tasks, ultimately serving our purpose of helping people get their books and be happy. We practice mask-wearing and are set up for social distancing.
We need someone who can:
• Lift at least 50 pounds
• Demonstrate an exquisite attention to detail (we aim for 99.99% error free shipping)
• Work with minimal supervision once trained
• Believe 99% in what we do but is confident to identify flaws in the system, ask questions, and bring up their own ideas about how things could be better
• Listen, learn from mistakes, and find solutions that work for everyone involved
• Show up prepared and work hard for their whole shift
• Do varying manual labor tasks including shipping, shelving, inventory, catalog mailing, making buttons, magnets, patches, and shelving zines and sidelines (50% of their time)
• Enthusiastically write original descriptions of distributed books and populate data fields for them (35% or more of their time)
• Publicity and outreach functions (15% or more of their time)
• Occasional assistance with data analysis, paperwork, organizational tasks, and accounts payable
• All company profits are distributed to staff in the form of raises and bonuses—we aim for (and have been exceeding) 20% annual raises
• Health insurance after trial period
• Employee ownership program after five years
• Some flexibility in work hours; partial work-from-home if desired
• Meaningful, career-track work at a fast-growing company
Entry-level position. Equal opportunity employer. Preference given to former interns and diverse hires. Starts at $15/hour with 90 day trial then $16/hour.
Apply by filling out this form and this test by September 5th, 2022 and sending both to email@example.com with the subject line “Portland Application”.