Update: Pedal Zombies, the 3rd volume of Bikes in Space, is out now!
Bikes in Space is a feminist bicycle science fiction anthology. Started as a zine (and a bit of a joke), it ended up being ridiculously fun and popular, filled with great pulp-esque stories.
These are a dozen new stories that bring you into a dizzying futurescape inhabited by empowered women on two wheels!
- Fueled by vegan donuts and beer, a bike messenger races delivery drones through a crumbling future Portland.
- Maddy Engelfried's future city is a peaceful, if impoverished one, where everyone travels by bicycle... except one young girl
- In a post-nuclear holocaust America, why would anyone choose to be a woman?
- Emily June Street takes us to a parallel world, where women aren't supposed to race velos—and they definitely aren't supposed to win!
- Editor Elly Blue regales you with the story of the most epic butt dial in galactic history