Friending: Creating Meaningful, Lasting Adult Friendships
by Gina Handley Schmitt, MA LMHC Author
Good Friends Make a Good Life
Friendships are like any other relationships—when they work, they make our lives better. When they aren't working, or are hard to find, they make our lives more difficult.
Gina Handley Schmitt saw her therapy clients struggling to make and keep close friends, and wrote this book to help solve what is becoming a full-blown friendship crisis in the age of social media.
In this book, you'll learn:
- How to identify and reach out to potential new friends
- How to maintain long term friendships through busy times and life transitions
- When and how to state your needs and set boundaries with your friends
- Skills for strengthening your friendships by resolving conflicts
- The difficult art of ending a friendship
You'll do all this using the five core skills of being available, authentic, affirming, assertive, and accepting. Life is so much sweeter with good friends by your side!
Friending was a finalist for Next Generation Book Awards.
You must log in to comment.