Bikes in Space: Volume 2: More feminist science fiction
by Elly Bangs, Elly Blue, Elizabeth Buchanan, Caitlin Giddings, Jessie L. Kwak, Gretchin Lair, Maddy Spencer and Emily June Street
Bikes in Space is a feminist bicycle science fiction anthology. Started as a zine (and a bit of a joke), it ended up being ridiculously fun and popular, filled with great pulp-esque stories.
These are a dozen new stories that bring you into a dizzying futurescape inhabited by empowered women on two wheels!
- Fueled by vegan donuts and beer, a bike messenger races delivery drones through a crumbling future Portland.
- Maddy Engelfried's future city is a peaceful, if impoverished one, where everyone travels by bicycle... except one young girl
- In a post-nuclear holocaust America, why would anyone choose to be a woman?
- Emily June Street takes us to a parallel world, where women aren't supposed to race velos—and they definitely aren't supposed to win!
- Editor Elly Blue regales you with the story of the most epic butt dial in galactic history
Looking for more feminist bicycle science fiction? Find our growing collection, and calls for submission, here.
You must log in to comment.