Full time position in Cleveland, OH. This is a warehouse and fulfillment position, helping people get their books and be happy. We practice mask-wearing and are set up for social distancing. You can get a sneak peek at the humble work place here. Position closes July 24th, 2021.
We need someone who can:
• Lift at least 50 pounds
• Demonstrate an exquisite attention to detail (we aim for 99.99% error free shipments)
• Work independently
• Believe 99% in what we do but is confident to identify flaws in the system, ask questions, and bring up their own ideas about how things could be better
• Listen and find solutions that work for everyone involved
• Be very comfortable with alphabetizing and similar data sorting
• Show up prepared and work hard for their whole shift
• Locate books and pull and pack orders four to five days per week (90% or more of their time)
• Work 40 hours per week on site
• Start as soon as reasonable and commit to at least two years
• All company profits are distributed to staff in the form of raises and bonuses—we aim for (and have been exceeding) 20% annual raises
• Health insurance after trial period
• Employee ownership program after five years
• Options for paid vacation and professional development training programs
• Some flexibility in work hours
• Help empower readers to change their lives and the world around them
• Access to owners, management, and other staff for clarification, direction, priorities, continued education, and guidance
No experience needed. Entry level position. Equal opportunity employer. Preference given to former interns and diverse hires. Starts at $14/hour with 90 day trial then $15/hour.
Apply by July 24, 2021 by completing this application and submitting it to apply at microcosmpublishing.com with the subject line “Cleveland warehouse application”; no resume or cover letter necessary unless you believe that additional details would be helpful.