$25 Superpack: Autistic Lives Matter
by Super Pack! Author, Joe Biel Author, Faith G. Harper, PhD, LPC-S, ACS, ACN Author and Temple Grandin, Ph.D Author
There's a lot of writing about autism out there... and not nearly enough of it is written by and for autistic adults from a perspective of acceptance and pride. We're working to change that. The world can really isolate autistic adults and connecting with others is so important, whether it's in person or on the page. Get a healthy dose of information, personal stories, and community within the pages of this book and zines, including:
- Good Trouble - Microcosm founder Joe Biel was diagnosed with autism as an adult, and this book chronicles the many mistakes, misadventures, and successes he found along the way
- The Autism Handbook - Basically an autism 101 zine, going pretty deep about what it's like to be autistic, what special needs and co-occurring conditions (like trauma) might exist, and some powerful advice about life skills and social skills. This is written for autistic adults, but would be helpful for friends, family, and partners to read as well.
- The Autism Relationships Handbook - A more in-depth guide to dating, friendship, and relationships for autists
- One issue of Proud to Be Retarded - An ongoing compilation zine series by autistic adults writing and creating art about their experiences, each with a different theme.
- One issue of Your Neurodiverse Friend - An ongoing compilation zine series by people with different types of neurodiversity, including autism, writing about their experiences and perspectives
Looking for even more books and zines about autism that we publish or distribute? Take a look through our Autism subject tag.
Want to show your #actuallyautistic pride even more? Check out our Autism Acceptance enamel pins!
You must log in to comment.